Our hair is one of the main indicators of the health. It reflects the work of the immune and nervous system. Hair dryness, fragility of hair, dull color, unexplained and excessive hair loss indicate a problem. According to statistics, a gradual hair loss is a problem that concerns equally the representatives of both sexes. The causes of hair loss can be both external and internal but one of the main reasons of the problem is food allergies.
What’s a normal amount of hair loss?
Every day we lose 60-100 strands of hair and even don’t notice this. It may be surprising, but such amount of hair loss is normal for a healthy person. But when it becomes more noticeable it can be a problem. If you have faced this situation, you should visit a doctor to be certain of its cause and the appropriate treatment.
What are the reasons of hair loss?
1. Traumatic/Stressful Event. Sometimes emotional or physical stress can lead to hair loss. However, people often begin to lose hair a few weeks or months after stressful events (because of the hair growth cycle), and hair loss can continue for several months afterwards. This happens for two reasons: due to increased emotional loads and violation of hormone production. The constant stresses can provoke frequent constriction of blood vessels which cause active hair loss. That is why it is vitally important to normalize the state of the nervous system and avoid any stresses. Also, the intake of vitamins in combination with magnesium, calcium, iron and zinc will not be superfluous.
These vitamin preparations will have a beneficial effect on the nervous system and, consequently, on the hair condition.
2. Food Allergies. When the allergen enters the body with food, a real chain reaction begins. External signs are a visible manifestation of a neglected state of the disease. Due to an allergic reaction, the hair falls out gradually.
People often do not even realize that the main reason is food allergy. The disease can be hidden and strong external signs are absent. This sluggish reaction will continue for a long time, until a clear reduction in the amount of hair will become noticeable.
The cause of the allergy is a lot of chemical additives in products. They cause great harm to the body. The metabolism suffers.
• Sometimes a water becomes a source of allergic reaction. It comes from an elevated level of metals, minerals, salts. It is typical for individual towns and villages. In cities, the quality of water is more controlled.
• Allergy to chemicals. Chemicals include hygienic products for skin and hair care: decorative cosmetics, balms, masks, etc. People suffering from food allergies should be very careful in choosing hygienic and decorative products.
• For some people with allergies to dairy, wheat, soy, or other foods, hair loss may be a complication. That is why it is better for them to avoid these products.
• Hair loss often is a result of malabsorption of nutrients and inflammation in the intestines and bowels.
3. Hormonal Imbalances. Hormonal imbalances often provoke hair loss. Sometimes hair loss is caused by a physiological change in the level of hormones in the body. For example, hair loss is common for woman during the menopause or in the postpartum period. But there can be other reasons, such as an excess amount of androgen in the blood. This violation can lead to focal alopecia, when there is a persistent baldness in certain areas.
What to eat to have a healthy hair?
Summing up, you should know the list of products that will help you have a chic and healthy hair:
• Meat, fish, seafood, liver;
• Vegetables, fruits, legumes, greens (carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers, broccoli, onions, garlic, asparagus, cucumbers, zucchini, cauliflower);
• Vegetable oils (especially linseed), wheat sprouts, sunflower seeds, nuts;
• Cheese, eggs, cottage cheese;
• Buckwheat, oatmeal;
This menu looks rather tasty and it can be called a healthy diet. Moreover, if you refuse from sweets, fast food, fried and salted products, and start drinking more water, then you will have a chic hair and a slender figure!